ORBITZ / AMERICAN AIRLINES round trip ticket SCAM BEWARE!!
ORBITZ / AMERICAN AIRLINES round trip ticket SCAM BEWARE!! I purchased a round trip ticket from DBQ to ELP then ELP back to DBQ for $400. Shortly after purchasing the ticket plans changed and I needed an earlier departure time from DBQ to ELP. I called both Orbitz and American Airlines about changing the first flight to an earlier time. It cost more to change the "roundtrip ticket" flight to an earlier time than the total cost of the roundtrip ticket! I could buy a one-way ticket from DBQ to ELP (on the earlier flight I wanted) for $200 or pay ORBITZ/ AMERICAN AIRLINES another $450 to change the round trip ticket. I purchased the $200 one-way ticket.
This morning when arriving at the airport for the return flight (part of the original round trip ticket) I find that the ticket had been canceled. Why? Because the first ticket flying to ELP had not been used??? After speaking to both Orbitz and American Airlines, my only choice for flying back to DBQ today…. Buy a new ticket. Although I had booked and paid for a ticket already!!
So if you buy a roundtrip ticket from ORBITZ/AMERICAN AIRLINES and you want to change a portion of the flight. They will charge you significantly more than the original ticket to change the flight. However if you do not use all flights on the original ticket they will cancel the rest of the flight making them unusable. Therefore the "smart" choice is to book a "whole" new ticket instead of using the existing ticket. This allows them to "resale" the original seat, basically charging twice for one seat!
Total cost to fly from DBQ to ELP $1200! Wow what a SCAM.bed1ae0
You may also like
- "Don't get locked into wholesale vacations. It doesn't make sense. There are literally hundreds, if not thousands, of vacation providers competing every day for your business (Kayak, Expedia, Travelocity, Sandals,..."
- "I recently went to hawaii and booked through Orbitz, I got the car hotel and flight package for $1680 and was told Id get a room with a one bed..."
- "I knew I was going to DC this weekend but was hoping to stay at my brother's. But he hadn't invited us yet. So we decided to book a room..."
- "I spent over $5,000 on a bedroom suite and it was given to me with many flaws as the pictures show. Customer service within the store is terrible..."
- "Did not want to honor $30 discount off $550 job because the work was completed two separate days which they recommended due to special part order. Returned 5..."
- "I had a high end Electrolux dishwasher (5 years old) that needed a new pump. I purchased one thru Electrolux that took 10 days to arrive and it arrived with..."
- "I earned 73,293 miles/points using my Sears Citi card this year which pays one pt/mile for every dollar spent. Last month I spent over $13,000 on my card, and paid..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining..."