ORBITZ / AMERICAN AIRLINES round trip ticket SCAM BEWARE!! I purchased a round trip ticket from DBQ to ELP then ELP back to DBQ for $400. Shortly after purchasing the ticket plans changed and I needed an earlier departure time from DBQ to ELP. I called both Orbitz and American Airlines about changing the first flight to an earlier time. It cost more to change the "roundtrip ticket" flight to an earlier time than the total cost of the roundtrip ticket! I could buy a one-way ticket from DBQ to ELP (on the earlier flight I wanted) for $200 or pay ORBITZ/ AMERICAN AIRLINES another $450 to change the round trip ticket. I purchased the $200 one-way ticket.
This morning when arriving at the airport for the return flight (part of the original round trip ticket) I find that the ticket had been canceled. Why? Because the first ticket flying to ELP had not been used??? After speaking to both Orbitz and American Airlines, my only choice for flying back to DBQ today…. Buy a new ticket. Although I had booked and paid for a ticket already!!
So if you buy a roundtrip ticket from ORBITZ/AMERICAN AIRLINES and you want to change a portion of the flight. They will charge you significantly more than the original ticket to change the flight. However if you do not use all flights on the original ticket they will cancel the rest of the flight making them unusable. Therefore the "smart" choice is to book a "whole" new ticket instead of using the existing ticket. This allows them to "resale" the original seat, basically charging twice for one seat!
Total cost to fly from DBQ to ELP $1200! Wow what a SCAM.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Our Review of the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg Tenn..."
- "We arrived at Ocean Surf Hotel in N.Miami Beach, FL. It was so filthy, damaged--like room door did not close, torn carpet (see picture), MOLD,food on greasy bedside table...."
- "The attached video is from a ABC affiliate investigative report on the Sundance office in Indianapolis, Indiana. (They call themselves Smartravel, but it's the same company as Sundance, with the..."
- "This is what i call shady and unethical business. The first thing that pops up on the pass4sure website is a promotion discounting your purchase. Now lets all be honest..."
- "Usually we order a side of chicken pieces with our pizzas... I like em and our dogs go crazy over chicken. They use to be the size of..."
- "After watching this terrible video I don't know how to describe this feeling. It was just terrible. Such an awful way of treating the animals. It's just sick how awful..."
- "DISGRACEFUL, GIMMICKY COMPANY POLICIES include: (1) Failing to deliver beds that are as high quality as company advertises. (2) Delivery + return fees ($360): customers who finance the bed and..."
- "The online courses at onlinecompliancepanel.com are very disappointing. I enrolled for one in the hope that it would help me expand my knowledge. What I got was totally useless. I..."
- "LET ME BEGIN BY SAYING I HAVE BEEN IN AND OUT OF THE HOSPITAL FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS THUS THE LONG DELAY MAKING A COMPLAINT. THE WORK WAS..."