1.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

On the 20th of October, I booked a trip from Oslo to Miami. On the 31st of October I called Orbitz.com customer service to change the dates of my tickets, It took me one hour on the phone, I was informed of the fees to change the flight date and provided my credit card details.

I had to change the date of the outbound flight again, so another one hour on the phone with customer service on the 4th of November, I was informed of an additional cost of USD 528,00 and provided my credit card information. So it was confirme to me on the phone by the consultant that my outbound flight was moved to the 13th of November as per my request. On the evening of the 12th of November, I called the airline to request seats since I am a frequent flyer. For my surprise, I was informed that the reservation was never ticketed and I needed to call Orbitz to have this fixed.

Then the real nightmare started. I called 844-663-2266 at 23:20 (Oslo time) on 12th of November for assistance and after exact 53 minutes on the phone and my issue far from being resolved, the call got cut and I received no call back. Since there was no call back, I called again, it was 00:22 (Oslo time) on 13th of November. I spoke to 4 different persons, and was hold on the phone for 4 hours, exactly FOUR HOURS being transferred from consultant to consultant and all of them seemed like they had no clue on what to do, they would put me on long holds while calling another call center in order to ask what to do...the consultants were nervous and some treated me in a rude way.

After 4 hours on the phone, my issue was still not resolved and the call got cut...this time I get a call back. The call back was at 4:24 (Oslo time) on the 13th of November...The call lasted one hour. So at 5:30 in the morning, when I was supposed to be in the airport for my international flight which was scheduled for 7:25 am of that same day, I was just finishing a very frustrating call. I could not sleep the night before my trip, I was forced to spend the whole night on the phone begging for solution.

The consultant informed me that since the changes I requested were never really performed and no tickets issued, and since it was their mistake, I would be charged only the amount I was supposed to pay for the latest change I requested, USD 528,00. The consultant also forced me to accept a change on my returning flight, she said that it would cost too much for Orbitz to keep my original returning flight and buy only a one way for my outbound flight and made it clear that this would not happen, they would not pay for that. 5:00 am on the morning of my flight, tired after spending all night on the phone and desperate because I could not miss the outbound flight, I had hotels and meetings booked, I had to accept the change on the return flight. So for my surprise, when checking my bank account, I notice that I was actually charged USD 1050,00 instead of USD 528,00.

So after all, I still get overcharged. This is total lack of respect and compromise with the customer. What serious company make a customer spend the whole night on the phone????? What serious company refuses to fix their mistake but instead imposes conditions to the customer in order to get the issued resolved?

What serious company after giving *** to the customer, charges the customer double of the honest amount that should be debited from the customer’s card?

So now, I probably have to come home tired after work and spend another whole night on the phone begging for a refund. I totally lost respect for this agency.

renatasiffert wrote the review because of poor customer service at Orbitz. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Orbitz to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service, poor contact information, sabotaging my tickets and unauthorized debit on credit card. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Orbitz orbitz flight booking for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments