2.2

Thought I was booking through Expedia & it just took me over to Orbitz somehow without my noticing. By the time I did, I was already too far into the reservation to start over.

I called them after booking a flight to just cancel the insurance I purchased. The automated voice said the hold was 57 minutes to 1 hour so I left my number. Got a call within an hour, where the operator asked for my number, should we get disconnected. I was transferred 2 times & of course in the middle of taking care of the issue, we were disconnected & never got a call back to continue.

I called back & held on the phone for over 2 hours with no option to go back & leave a number for a call back. Finally called from another phone & left my number again for a call back. After another hour, I received a call & was put on hold prior to even speaking with anyone for 10 minutes. Meanwhile the insurance is under Expedia who I thought I was booking with in the first place!

This is completely unacceptable business practice & should definitely be corrected.

I can't be the only pissed off customer about wasting valuable time on hold for a minor change on a reservation.

I certainly won't be rushing to book through either any time soon! Angry Angry

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Ability to change, Non-existent customer service and deceptive advertising.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 03.

Comments

I appreciate your responses. I've never really had issues with online bookings before although I normally use a travel agent.

But when going through the airline directly costs 5 times more, for a weekend get a way on a 2 hour flight, I'd rather invest the difference myself than give it to the airlines that have stripped every amenity to it's clients. Just sayin'

What do you expect? Customer service representatives cost money.

You are trying to save money by booking through an online service rather than working directly with the airline, hotel or a travel agent.

The way they provide lower prices is to have as few people working for them that expect a paycheck. If you want good service you need to pay for it and using an online booking service to get a discount isn't going to provide the service you want.

h.kitchener

Expedia bought Orbitz and Travelocity a couple of years ago and are essentially the same company. It's never a good idea to book any type of travel with these third party companies in the first place.

Best to go straight to the cruise line, hotel or airline and book with them as when/if you have a problem, you can resolve it directly with the provider, not a third party like Orbitz, etc. Now you know.