At the time of my flight cancellation (which was done over the phone), I was only notified by an Orbitz agent that I would have to use the remaining credit (after deducting cancellation fees) to purchase a new flight itinerary prior to March 2013 in order to not lose that credit. The wording on the cancellation confirmation for my flight seemed (and still does) to indicate the same fact on the Orbitz website. It states the following:

"To change your tickets on the same airline, please call Orbitz directly at 1-866-540-7057 by Mar 21, 2013."

Last night I called Orbitz to gain assistance in booking a flight for April or May. I planned to use my remaining credit to purchase an American Airlines trip for myself and a friend from Florida to California. We planned to make the trip as a sort of graduation gift to ourselves since we are both graduating from college this Spring. Unfortunately, after waiting over 30 minutes to speak to an agent, I was notified that my understanding of the terms was completely incorrect. The agent notified me that I must travel by March 20th, 2013 to not lose my credit. Since I am a busy college student in her final semester, this option is clearly not viable to me. Needless to say, even though I was a very loyal Orbitz customer, I am now VERY disappointed in the poor wording Orbitz utilizes and will think twice about booking with them ever again.

Had an Experience with Orbitz?

Comments

Orbitz
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States #624778

Hi, Anonymous,

This is Robert, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations team. I am sorry for the disservice from Orbitz. Please forward the Orbitz Record Locator to us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com. Please use my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,