I purchased a ticket to go see my boyfriend in Pittsburgh.I called Orbitz prior to booking my flight to ask them if i purchased the insurance on the website...would i be able to get my money back if i needed to cancel.

(i have a job where my schedule changes rapidly) This lady who spoke only ok english told me that if i got the insurance i would either be able to change or cancel my flight. So i purchased the ticket and the insurance. Well i recently got word from my work that i had to work for the weekend i had booked to flight. So i called to cancel and they said i had a non-refudable ticket.

Every question i asked all the lady would say to me was "you have a non-refundable ticket" I was really pissed after about the 6th time she said it so i asked to speak to her supervisor. Her "supervisor" told me that Orbitz can't help me with any cancellation so i had to call the insurane company. Thank goodness they knew what they were talking about! So the lady from the insurance company told me that this insurance they offer on the website doesn't allow you to cancel your ticket and get your money back unless someone dies basically.

So she was nice enough to cancel the insuranece and i got $20 refund for it. She then advised me to get an insurance that offered a cancel any time plan. I have been researching them and basically i am going to have to pay around $100 to buy the insurance and i still will only get a percentage of my $330 back...minus the $100 i will have to spend...so basically i am losing all my money. $330 to me is almos my rent.

The fact that i was lied to about getting my money back is so unprofessional. I will never book through Orbitz again...i will deinately be posting this all of my social media so no one i know has to endure this stress i have been dealing with for the past week over this. I know i can book another flight but orbitz charges a $30 change fee and a $150 airline fee...so basically i will have $120 credit if i have to use an airline other than Delta.

In turn it is going to cost me money either way...money i don't have so i am beyond dissapointed!Thanks Orbitz for ruining my month!

Review about: Orbitz Flight Booking.

Had an Experience with Orbitz?

Comments

Hi Xheatherx,

My name is Lynne and I’m a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,