Well, I thought Orbitz was reputable!I went to their site in effort to book a flight to visit my daughter that is in the military in Texas.

I found a perfect round trip ticket. I gave them ALL my information, including my cc number, which happens to be the money that I bust my *** for all week long. It comes back and said this flight was not available and to pick another one. So, I did.

The same message came back. Before doing this again I thought I better check my balance on my card to be sure they wasn't charging me. Well, they did. I have $600 held up and for NOTHING!

Actually, I am sitting here broke with NO ticket.

How is this legal?And, when in the *** is this "pending" status going to drop?

Had an Experience with Orbitz?

Comments

Abbottabad, North-West Frontier, Pakistan #608030

"Held" doesnt mean that they have charged you.Maybe go ask you bank what that means before you starting spreading rumours on the internet.

If you tried to place an order and it didnt go through, what happens is that it initiated then aborted the transfer of your funds.

Once it clears on the system that you indeed did not complete the transactions your money will be "unheld".sheesh.

my cc is a debit card and it's 2000 dollars held up in my account. So now I wait to make sure it releases and in the meantime airfare rises :(

Orbitz

Hi Sdalton912,

My name is Lynne, I’m a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,