Bogot, Distrito Especial
Resolved
2.6
Insurance Quality

Update by user Jun 24, 2015

partially resolved, for the hotel piece

Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2015

This reservation is 3 weeks from now, I need to cancel the trip, and ORBITZ will issue a ZERO refund to my hotel payment. Also, a very low refund to the flight.

So far, I have always had great experiences with ORBITZ, I am surprised by this situation. I understand if there is a penalty, but this extreme!!! when the hotel will surely find someone else to book the room, makes no sense.

Same thing with the airplane ticket, I will end up paying the same amount if I want to somehow rescue ticket value. In short, I will be charged $155.00 total Airline and Orbitz change fees + any difference in airfare.

I feel like I should book directly with airlines and hotels next time. No hotel has ever been this unreasonable.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person is quite happy with price and easiness and stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of personal service and unreasonableness in no refunding. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of cancellation policy and associated monetary loss in the amount of $852. Orbitz needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned cancellation policy in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Orbitz.

Comments