April 19th I booked a ticket through orbitz.com plus travel protection for the dates of April 29th through May 2nd from Aruba to Miami on the Surinam Airways flight. April 29th at the gate, they announced that the flight had been cancelled. I called Travel Protection they told me the airline is the one to respond, I went to the airline's ticketing office they responded by saying since the ticket was purchased through Orbitz, Orbitz is the one to respond. The same evening of April 29th I sent a complaint email to Orbitz and informed them that I will be booking the next available flight one-way from Aruba to Miami in order to make my meeting. I had also informed the ticketing office that I will be flying to Miami through American and will return on the scheduled and booked flight on Monday May 2nd through Surinam Airways. Monday May 2nd I go to check in at the Surinam Airways counter and they inform me my itinerary has been suspended and told me to contact the agency where I booked my ticket which is Orbitz. I called the customer service telephone number and a Ms Kate responded and eventually hung up without a solution for that matter. There was no notification whatsoever where I authorized to suspend or cancel the return flight, furthermore for a customer service representative to just hang up is rude and unprofessional and if this is how you treat your paying clientele by leaving them stranded then I will make sure none of my clients purchase ever again from Orbitz either. In turn I have paid a full ticket, no response from customer service and had to purchase a one way ticket from Miami to Aruba.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- To be lied to
- Near useless website
- Customer service
- Leaving a passenger stranded
You May Also Like
- "We have recently returned from a fantastic holiday at Adult Luxury Punta Cana. It was one of the best holidays we have had in our 50 years of travel .The..."
- "We arrived at Ocean Surf Hotel in N.Miami Beach, FL. It was so filthy, damaged--like room door did not close, torn carpet (see picture), MOLD,food on greasy bedside table...."
- "We booked a stay at the Sandos Playacar with BookVIP and everything was exactly as advertised. I was a little wary due to some negative reviews that I had read..."
- " April 19th I booked a ticket through orbitz.com plus travel protection for the dates of April 29th through May 2nd from Aruba to Miami on the Surinam Airways flight. April..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."