Orbitz Theft

April 19th I booked a ticket through orbitz.com plus travel protection for the dates of April 29th through May 2nd from Aruba to Miami on the Surinam Airways flight. April 29th at the gate, they announced that the flight had been cancelled. I called Travel Protection they told me the airline is the one to respond, I went to the airline's ticketing office they responded by saying since the ticket was purchased through Orbitz, Orbitz is the one to respond. The same evening of April 29th I sent a complaint email to Orbitz and informed them that I will be booking the next available flight one-way from Aruba to Miami in order to make my meeting. I had also informed the ticketing office that I will be flying to Miami through American and will return on the scheduled and booked flight on Monday May 2nd through Surinam Airways. Monday May 2nd I go to check in at the Surinam Airways counter and they inform me my itinerary has been suspended and told me to contact the agency where I booked my ticket which is Orbitz. I called the customer service telephone number and a Ms Kate responded and eventually hung up without a solution for that matter. There was no notification whatsoever where I authorized to suspend or cancel the return flight, furthermore for a customer service representative to just hang up is rude and unprofessional and if this is how you treat your paying clientele by leaving them stranded then I will make sure none of my clients purchase ever again from Orbitz either. In turn I have paid a full ticket, no response from customer service and had to purchase a one way ticket from Miami to Aruba.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Air Ticket
Review category
Travel Agencies
review #840396 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Orbitz? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Orbitz. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Orbitz.
Filing a new complaint about