Phnom Penh, Phnum Penh

I booked my yearly flight home to visit my family last week. Earlier that day, Orbitz was down for maintenance/website stuff. I have never had issues with Orbitz and have always received excellent customer service, which is why I refer them to friends and family.

After submitting my purchase I received an error and it said to try again. So, I went through the process again and my card was declined. I checked my bank account and the money was withdrawn with the first transaction.

I called customer service and was told it was a pending transaction and the money would show up in my account again within 3-5 business days. I was given an approval code that I could take to the bank if I needed to.

It's been a week-no funds returned. After spending 2 days at the bank I was advised by the bank I needed to file a complaint with VISA (I used my Visa debit card). They then informed me that it could take 30 days for the refund.

Well, my daughter is graduating 8th grade, will be giving a speech and singing, and my son will be getting his learner's permit-and because of their error I will miss it. The ticket prices have also jumped $300. I am able to leave for one month during the summer to spend with my family. Thank you, Orbitz, for making sure I miss my summer with my children.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss order processing issue of airline tickets and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1351. Orbitz needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned airline tickets in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Orbitz.

Had an Experience with Orbitz?

Comments

Orbitz

Hi Anonymous,

My name is Lynne; I’m a member of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team.Sorry to hear you've had a disappointing experience.

We'd like to learn more about this event so that we can address the issue. If you'd please email us at socialnetwork@orbitz.com and provide the Orbitz Confirmation#, I'll be happy to investigate further.

Thank you for reaching out.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,